What is this about?
Where the hell am I?
You've stumbled onto the Well of Wishes, home of the Dopefish (pisces swimeatus).
Dopefish are simple creatures who have the repetitive thought pattern consisting simply of "swim, swim, hungry". Chances are, if you run into the Dopefish, he will be hungry and will stop at nothing to eat you. Be careful down there!
In all seriousness, you're on a webpage which lists the server stats for a Zandronum (Multiplayer DooM) instance online @ dopefi.sh. You can connect to one of two servers using Zandronum, and battle the Dopefish for free.
The first, dopefi.sh:10666, requires that you have the original DooM IWADs (doom.wad or doom2.wad), whereas the second, dopefi.sh:10667, is running FreeDoom, which is a community-made alternative to requiring the official DooM assets. If you don't own DooM, you can still battle the Dopefish using this server. Read more about FreeDoom on the wiki.
How to jump in and play
- Download and install the latest version of Zandronum for your platform
- Obtain the doom2.wad file from a retail copy of Doom II, or download Freedoom and copy the .wad files where Zandronum checks for them (usually ~/.config/zandronum)
- Download the D2TWID.wad file and place it next to your doom2.wad or freedoom2.wad file
- Run Zandronum by using the following command:
zandronum -iwad doom2.wad -file D2TWID.wad -connect dopefi.shor if you're using Freedoom, then:
zandronum -iwad freedoom2.wad -file D2TWID.wad -connect dopefi.sh:10667
- Once the game loads, press SPACE to join the map and go hunt down the Dopefish
- Enjoy, and try not to get eaten too fast!
- DMFlags (1610900484):
- Weapons remain after pickup (DM)
- Kill anyone who tries to exit the level (DM)
- Monsters respawn
- Items other than invuln. and invis. respawn
- Respawn invulnerability and invisibility
- Jumping allowed
- Crouching allowed
- DMFlags2 (2107584):
- Double the amount of ammo given
- Players slowly lose health over 100% like Quake
- All players start with a shotgun
- Don't clear frags after each level
- Players can use chase cam
- Zandronuma Flags (1088):
- Keys are shared between players
- Award damage instead of kills
- ZA Compat. flags (524288):
- Allow instant respawn after death
A lot of resources from around the world are compiled here, thanks to the work of the following:
- MAP32: Well of Wishes is the super secret map of Doom 2 "the Way id Did" WAD. It was designed by Xaser.
- Freedoom is a project to create a free content game based on the Doom engine. This allows you to download and play for free, without requiring the commercial Doom assets.
- Zandronum (wiki) is a source port focused on offering a modernized multiplayer experience.
- serverinfo provides the backend communication to update the Dopefi.sh server status.